It’s been a busy couple of weeks. Some things I’ve been working on.
- Conversation practice. I need to do more of this, however, most of my conversations follow the same format. I’ll need to review more vocabulary and grammar before I kick off the next wave.
- I’ve spent some time researching schools and the possibility of studying in Japan. I’d like to go for 3-6 months to study Japanese. There will be some changes at work later this year so this is a possibility. However, there’s a quite a few chain of events that need to happen in order to make it happen. I’ve probably spent more time doing this than I should have. I should be studying.
- I’m taking a certification class to learn how to teach English. My initial motivation in doing this was so I can teach my language partners appropriately. However, now that I’ve been informed that there may be changes at work – this could be a possibility of part time employment or another path to go to Japan for longer than 3 months. I also have an online tutor that will be starting a business for teachers starting this summer.
I also brainstormed some ideas for my blog. Well, in reading the first few entries there’s not a whole lot I can take away and study from. So here’s what I’ve come up with.
- I’m aiming to have 10 hours of lessons, which includes the 2 hours of class I attend weekly. So really 8 additional hours of lessons. Next month is another italki language challenge which I may adjust the amount of hours to get another badge. Last time I aimed to get 1st in the number of Japanese lesson hours which I achieved. However, I much more busy now.
- “What did I learn this week?”
- “What questions did I ask?” Yes, I ask that many questions, so that deserves its own, maybe weekly, blog post.
- Interesting YouTube Channels or videos that I’ve watched. Haven’t really watched anything in the past week that wasn’t related to studying abroad.
- Maybe I’ll post some of the Japanese food I make.
Welp, that’s it for now. I have an hour to study before my next lesson.