Finally, hit level 4 on wanikani today! Sheesh. That one took a while.
Welp, it’s Monday. I didn’t get much studying done. The other class that I’m taking consumed most of my time during the weekend. I’m still on level 3 in wanikani but am just about to bust through to level 4. I still attend my weekly Japanese classes along with 8-10 hours of lessons online each week.
Here’s some words, that I learned or asked about before. However, couldn’t recall them when it came time to use them.
あまい – sweet
すっぱい – sour
にがい – bitter
からい – spicy
よく – often
よる – night/according to
何か – something
なんでも – anything
ほぼ – almost
あきた – boring
きまずい – awkward
だけどう – but, however
ですから – because
だから – because (informal)
りょうしん – parents
きが いる – change clothes
ひどい – terrible
oh i guess I have another question.,,
ほか に も？
also, is あきた more common than おもしろい
The month of January isn’t over yet. I’ve taken around 42 lessons, each with a 30-60 minute duration. I still wani kani daily but not obsessively. I’m still on level 3. I have a few things I’m juggling at the moment but I’ll check in with more progress at the end of this weekend.
It’s been a busy couple of weeks. Some things I’ve been working on.
- Conversation practice. I need to do more of this, however, most of my conversations follow the same format. I’ll need to review more vocabulary and grammar before I kick off the next wave.
- I’ve spent some time researching schools and the possibility of studying in Japan. I’d like to go for 3-6 months to study Japanese. There will be some changes at work later this year so this is a possibility. However, there’s a quite a few chain of events that need to happen in order to make it happen. I’ve probably spent more time doing this than I should have. I should be studying.
- I’m taking a certification class to learn how to teach English. My initial motivation in doing this was so I can teach my language partners appropriately. However, now that I’ve been informed that there may be changes at work – this could be a possibility of part time employment or another path to go to Japan for longer than 3 months. I also have an online tutor that will be starting a business for teachers starting this summer.
I also brainstormed some ideas for my blog. Well, in reading the first few entries there’s not a whole lot I can take away and study from. So here’s what I’ve come up with.
- I’m aiming to have 10 hours of lessons, which includes the 2 hours of class I attend weekly. So really 8 additional hours of lessons. Next month is another italki language challenge which I may adjust the amount of hours to get another badge. Last time I aimed to get 1st in the number of Japanese lesson hours which I achieved. However, I much more busy now.
- “What did I learn this week?”
- “What questions did I ask?” Yes, I ask that many questions, so that deserves its own, maybe weekly, blog post.
- Interesting YouTube Channels or videos that I’ve watched. Haven’t really watched anything in the past week that wasn’t related to studying abroad.
- Maybe I’ll post some of the Japanese food I make.
Welp, that’s it for now. I have an hour to study before my next lesson.
That’s the name of the playlist I literally just started listening to. I needed something relaxing before posting.
Welp, I’m trucking along with lessons and what not. I log on to wanikani probably 5-6 times a day. I wake up and wanikani and wanikani before I go to sleep. I also fired up memrise once again since I find that I forgot a lot of the vocabulary in Genki I. I have an italki lesson almost every day. Some days it’s just a half hour lesson. Other days it’s 4 one hour lessons.
I’m trying to get my schedule down pat since I’ll be taking a class again but I kind of want to keep the half hour lessons going. Anyway here’s a couple pictures from my last trip to Japan. I’ll post more later.
- I’ve started to study again, and man, I really need to review informal (short) form.
- I also need to start planning out my trip to Japan in April. It’ll be during the Cherry blossom season.
- Review grammar.
I’ll be starting the Genki II book next week and my next (in-person) class will start in three weeks.